How to Make Longanisa Hamonado
- 1 kilo ground pork
- 1/4 kilo pork fat (cubed)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. fine salt
- 1/2 tsp. salitre
- longanisa casings
- Mix all seasoning before adding to the ground pork and fat. The pork should be coarsely ground. Mix by hand.
- Fill casings with mixture. Dry in sun for 2-3 hours, then store in refrigerator. After 4 days or more, it is ready to be cooked.
How to Make Embutido
- 1 kilo ground pork
- 2 cups diced ham
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 1 cup pickle relish
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup green bell pepper (minced)
- ¼ cup red bell pepper (minced)
- 6 whole eggs
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients well.
- Divide into 6-8 portions and roll and wrap in aluminum foil and seal on both ends.
- Steam or bake in oven until firm cooked.
- Let cool and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled and sliced.
How to Make Corned Beef
- 1/2 tablet ascorbic acid (500 mg.)
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vetsin
- 1/4 tsp. prague powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 kg. beef (punta y pecho, tadyang, tapadera, kamto or paypay)
- Knife Chopping board
- Basin Measuring spoon
- Measuring cup (liquid) Colander
- Pressure cooker (in the absence of a pressure cooker, a casserole may be used
- Wash meat thoroughly.
- Cut the meat into 1 inch cubes.
- Mix the salt, vetsin, prague powder and sugar.
- Mix the curing ingredients with the cubed meat.
- Place in covered container and cure in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Wash the meat, add water (1/3 of its volume) and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the foam-like formation on the broth.
- Continue boiling until meat is soft and tender, for faster cooking use a pressure cooker and cook beef for 30 minutes at 10 lbs. pressure.
- Drain and cool.
- Flake with fork. (The flaked meat is ready for consumption). For longer storage period, follow procedures 5, 10 to 15.
- Pack meat into bottles/cans and add broth, leave 1/4 inch head space.
- Exhaust bottles/cans by boiling it with covers slightly closed. Seal thoroughly.
- Process at 10 lbs. pressure for 10 minutes.
- Air-cool cans should be cooled under running water while air-cool bottles at room temperature.
- Label and store in a cool place.
--courtesy of http://www.mixph.com